!!!!!PLEASE READ THIS DESCRIPTION!!!!!
This Blog is all about Led Zeppelin and sharing every known concert recording (bootleg) spanning their career 1968 - 1980. My goal is
to help others in finding these historic shows! Any Led Zeppelin concert you want RIGHT HERE!!! These shows are a time machine into the past that allow us people of today to enjoy the Led Zeppelin experience in true, raw form, straight from the tapers! I believe everyone should be able to enjoy these shows! And I really appreciate all of the Tapers who made these shows available!!! I may not have every single bootleg available, but there is at least one for every date known to have been recorded.
On the right side of the blog is the Concert Date Archive containing every concert date performed by Zep in yearly order, when you click on any date it takes you to the bootleg for that show. Below that is the Post Archive, Special Thanks and links to other popular bootleg sites. On the left side of the blog is a Video Archive section containing everything there is of live footage of Zep (DVD's, 8MM and Fan Footage) And below that is the Lossless section.
Every concert I post will contain a link to download the concert. I use Mega to upload and make available for download. You do not have to install the Mega App to download shows, but I highly recommend it. Especially when downloading the bigger files. It does make things easier. But you can just use your browser. Also, some browsers like Internet Explorer will not let you download. Firefox and Google Chrome work well. I assure you that all of the links here will be working as long as I'm alive!
If you have any problems at all, just leave a comment and I will help you ASAP. I hope you enjoy! LONG LIVE LED ZEPPELIN!!!
Here is my Youtube page! Long Live Led Zeppelin.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM1b9ETPb33izVhIB52-E-g
Here is my Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/ledzep1987

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

1975.01.20 Led Zeppelin Chicago IL Sweet Home Chicago

1975.01.20
Led Zeppelin
Chicago IL
Sweet Home Chicago

Here is the link
https://mega.co.nz/#!r1dWxL7A!UsK4Rp2RSQKk4TgUvfoMUljwZ6XoagEY2VO6UK7Y3Lk
 01. Rock And Roll                           
02. Sick Again                              
03. Over The Hills And Far Away             
04. When The Levee Breaks                    
05. The Song Remains The Same               
06. The Rain Song                           
07. Kashmir                               
08. Wanton Song                             
09. No Quarter                             
10. Trampled Underfoot                      
11. Moby Dick            
12. In My Time Of Dying                    
13. Stairway To Heaven     
14. Whole Lotta Love                        
15. Black Dog(Two cuts in middle)           
16. Communication Breakdown                 

Notes:
Fair to Very Good audience recording. Almost complete recording missing a big chunk of Moby Dick and Black Dog. The recording starts out muffled but clears up by the end of Over The Hills And Far Away. This is a brand new alternate recording for this show. These cassettes were located by Jonohull through a friend of his who went to all 3 Zeppelin shows in 1975 with the taper of this recording. His friend Kevin was gracious enough to lend the cassettes out to Jonohull who in return passed them along to me for repair and transfering. This is the first time this recording has ever been in circulation and the first time it has been heard by anyone including Kevin in a great many years.

Kevin's Notes:
What do I remember about the chicago concerts? It was quite a while ago and there was  a lot of effort in driving to chicago in freezing weather and then dealing with the large crowd. What I remember is that we didn't have the same seats on any of the nights and we were never very close to the stage, always in the upper balconies somewhere. It was very Magic though. I was a complete zeppelin fan. They were very special to me. I had some live recordings from earlier tours but Physical Graffiti was not out yet and new things undreamed of were emanating from that small stage down there! Almost all of my attention was riveted on Jimmy Page who was just a small figure way down there from where I was sitting. But what was coming out of him was simply unbelievable. I do remember one night we were a little closer, somewhere in the middle of the ground floor. I remember hearing Kashmir for the first time ( I hadn't understood the title when Plant announced the new song). As I said, sheer m
agic. No other music affected me like this. I guess this is all very subjective, and most people back home thought I was out of my tree, but now, look at all the people who are interested!! No one in my environment would have believed it then. I do remember that Plant's voice was substandard, apparently he had been suffering from the flu after hitting the freezing temperatures of Minneapolis coming straight from the much milder winter in England. That was especially true the first night. I wish I could remember more, but all of  the Led Zeppelin concerts I saw (9 altogether) had me in a state of transformed excitement ( intoxication) which I can't explain and was totally different from any other concerts I saw ( for example the Who and Pink Floyd- to name two  of the best). And, no, I was never using drugs or alcohol when I went to these concerts. Sorry if this has run on too long, but that is as accurate as I can be. That opening riff from Kashmir, which I'd never heard yet and was thus totally unexpected, is my most poignant memory. You see, the music was so overwhelming and had such a transforming effect that I was just stunned and came out of there in a state of total disorientation. I guess that's about the highest compliment you could pay to an artistic event.
    I don't remember much about getting the equipment in because I wasn't paying any attention. I didn't want any distraction from the experience. All I remember is that he had a small tape recorder, and it was January with heavy winter jackets you know. I do remember that a security guard detected it while frisking him trying to enter one of the shows. He left and just came back again, this time not being detected. Very persistent fellow.



Review excerpt: For a band that’s been around since 1968, Led Zeppelin has done an astounding job of remaining one of the weightiest of the heavies. Their five albums have sold more than a million each; their last tour broke box-office records for a single act.

Judicious touring may have a bit to do with their drawing power. Their last appearance here was in the heat of summer ’73; a year and a half later they came back to Chicago for a sold-out show in the Chicago Stadium, with repeats to follow Tuesday and Wednesday.

They are not, however, immortals. Lead singer Robert Plant, for instance, is just as susceptible as the rest of us to such mundane things as flu, which is what he repeatedly complained of last night. “Keep your fingers crossed,” he asked the audience before starting out on Stairway to Heaven, a Led Zep staple and one of their most impressive numbers. “We’re having some problems. I’m having an inability to come to grips with this climate.”

Despite the difficulties and Plant’s obvious dissatisfaction with his voice, the show could be termed a success – a blend of Led Zep’s strong, pounding sound, with drummer John Bonham knocking out the rhythm, interspersed with slightly softer, sweeter guitar work by Page and John Paul Jones on mellotron.

Led Zeppelin always has been a band into giving people their money’s worth, and Monday night was no exception – a two and-a-half hour show with no warm-up act and no intermission. The repertoire drew from the old – such as Stairway to Heaven and No Quarter – and the new, selections from their forthcoming Physical Graffiti album, with an occasional bow to the theatrical with smoke screens, superb lighting effects, a sound system that was nearly a match for the Stadium acoustics, and “Led Zeppelin” spelled out in lights come encore time.

Led Zeppelin has a reputation for drawing a rowdy crowd. Last time they played here, Plant professed amazement at the “violence” – people trying to scrabble their way onstage and such, hardly anything new. Though “riots” had been reported in various places among restless crowds waiting for tickets, their show here Tuesday night was practically a model of decorum. With a wooden barricade separating crowd and performers by several feet and a strong security system, things remained calm, no view-blocking morons made it to the stage, and it was easy to see – a shamefully unusual please these days.

All in all, it was a good enough evening for music, if not for Plant’s health. If he can get rid of the flu for succeeding shows, none of the apologies he kept making will be necessary. Even with Plant not up to par, Led Zeppelin still manages to make most of their competitors look sick. (ChicagoTribune, Jan. ’75)

The tape begins as someone onstage announces "ladies and gentlemen, the American return of Led Zeppelin!" Plant has the flu and it shows, his voice is reduced to an injured monotone. Page blazes through the guitar solo during Over the Hills and Far Away. The second and final appearance of When the Levee Breaks shows marked improvement on the performance in Brussels a week earlier. Plant makes mention of Page's broken finger following In My Time of Dying, joking "it must be for our sins."

Bonzo and Jones deliver a solid performance of The Wanton Song, despite their bandmates' hindrances. Trampled Underfoot is introduced as "a song for a guy who works at a gas station." Page shreds through an erratic guitar solo. Moby Dick is followed by the first appearance of How Many More Times since 1/22/1973, which includes the Dazed and Confused bow solo dropped in the middle. As the song ends, Plant announces "that was for the old folks!" The Out on the Tiles intro to Black Dog is devastatingly heavy. The band closes the show with a high-energy Communication Breakdown. Bonzo and Jones stop playing for a moment during the guitar solo, leaving Page to shred furiously a cappella.

No comments:

Post a Comment