!!!!!PLEASE READ THIS DESCRIPTION!!!!!
This Blog is all about Led Zeppelin and sharing every known concert recording (bootleg) spanning their career 1968 - 1980. My goal is
to help others in finding these historic shows! Any Led Zeppelin concert you want RIGHT HERE!!! These shows are a time machine into the past that allow us people of today to enjoy the Led Zeppelin experience in true, raw form, straight from the tapers! I believe everyone should be able to enjoy these shows! And I really appreciate all of the Tapers who made these shows available!!! I may not have every single bootleg available, but there is at least one for every date known to have been recorded.
On the right side of the blog is the Concert Date Archive containing every concert date performed by Zep in yearly order, when you click on any date it takes you to the bootleg for that show. Below that is the Post Archive, Special Thanks and links to other popular bootleg sites. On the left side of the blog is a Video Archive section containing everything there is of live footage of Zep (DVD's, 8MM and Fan Footage) And below that is the Lossless section.
Every concert I post will contain a link to download the concert. I use Mega to upload and make available for download. You do not have to install the Mega App to download shows, but I highly recommend it. Especially when downloading the bigger files. It does make things easier. But you can just use your browser. Also, some browsers like Internet Explorer will not let you download. Firefox and Google Chrome work well. I assure you that all of the links here will be working as long as I'm alive!
If you have any problems at all, just leave a comment and I will help you ASAP. I hope you enjoy! LONG LIVE LED ZEPPELIN!!!
Here is my Youtube page! Long Live Led Zeppelin.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM1b9ETPb33izVhIB52-E-g
Here is my Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/ledzep1987

Sunday, September 27, 2015

1969.05.25 Led Zeppelin Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia

1969.05.25
Led Zeppelin
 Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia

Here is the link
https://mega.nz/#!okwmQKhL!rZMmTE2-sCGCOCUwowBU6kx2mNeuXNEBvOw8UBOIGxk
This is only the encore for the show and all that exists from the show. It also happens to be the second time ever (see April 26th, 1969 for the first) time Whole Lotta Love was played live. A very different version that is excellent, with a long guitar solo in the middle and great vocals from Robert. A very interesting comment about that evening comes from one of the Who's crew: "I had the unenviable task of throwing Zeppelin off the stage," recalled Jeff Wolff. "They were playing over time, stringin' it out, and there was a curfew, so I was saying, "I've got to get you off!" I had to pull the plug on them, otherwise we were never going to go on!" (The quote comes from the book written by Andy Neill and Mark Kent titled "Anyway Anyhow Anywhere - The Complete Chronicle of The Who 1958-1978". Many thanks to the authors for sharing these memories.)


I was there by Dana Thompson
I knocked down the fence at Merriweather to see the Who. My buds and I spread out on the lawn. I thought Led Zeppelin was a local band called Coyote until I heard "How Many More Times" then I stood up and started paying attention. The sound was unbelievable. To this day that is my favorite Led Zep song. I said "Who are these guys?" just like Butch Cassidy said to the Sundance Kid later that year. The next day I called a friend of mine, Debbie Pierce, and told her about this band I had heard at Merriweather. She said that was Led Zeppelin silly. Thay have an album out with a blimp on the front. Straight to the record store I went. I bought the 8-track and wore it out. The rest is history. I still get chills when I retell the story. Those Merriweather concerts were the greatest. Hendrix, Janis, CCR, the Doors, the Who. It was a rock n roll hall of fame in 1967-1970

zeppelin/who at merriweather 1969 by richard pfleiderer
Living in Baltimore, this concert was something my friends and I were not going to miss, although Led Zeppelin was still in its infancy. I'd been listening to their first LP for a few months, over and over again. There wasn't another band which played like that. But the prime reason for going to the show was The Who. they'd been around for a number of years and had proven themselves live and on record. I remember being blown away at Zeppelin's act--unpretentious with no frills, but played like madmen. I was even more hooked. And, then, to have The Who finish up the night (with a selection or two from their "upcoming" rock opera, Tommy) was something I'll never forget. When I tell folks about seeing both bands at the same show, they find it hard to believe, as I still do after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment